Monday, June 14, 2010

What's Your Passion?

I had a coffee meeting with a new friend/colleague today. Just sitting across from him, his passion for his work permeated the bakery. It was definitely catching and hard to watch him try and contain himself (which, by the way, he did miserably!). All the way back to my office, after tucking my boys in bed, I found my thoughts wandering back to his enthusiasm, logically trying to figure out how he stayed so motivated.

It comes back to doing what you love, which is evident of my new friend. He found his peace, so to speak, and in doing so discovered what he really loved doing best! Think about it: how would it feel to wake up every day and know, absolutely KNOW you are right where you WANT to be, not where you need to be, and loving that place!

I'm living my passion - I love design! I've been a designer since 1998 and I still enjoy how each project is as different as its client, how each day comes and I can learn a new process to apply to your project that solves your problem. I'm still learning, but I like to think I don't just make things look nicer; I solve a visual communication problem.

I'd like to hear from you what your passion really is, and are you living that passion or just doing what you're good at? If you're not living your passion yet, why not?

1 comment:

Jeanine Byers Hoag said...

Hi, Lisa! Great post.

Yes, I am living my passion and purpose and I totally agree that it makes all the difference in the world. I do wake up eager to get to work!

Jeanine