Friday, June 25, 2010

A Mentee's Journey: Getting Ready

I met with my mentor briefly last night at a large networking mixer for ASBA and BNI. Bottom line, we have set our weekly schedule! I'm very excited to be part of this amazing program, and I feel very lucky to have a great mentoring team. I do have only one direct mentor (Pat Harter of Provision Team Consulting), but I can ask the mentoring team virtually any question, and have the ability to have their expertise in their fields guide me through this path.

My first actual mentoring meeting is this coming Tuesday morning. I'm bringing my "business plan", if I can call it that, and see how it can be improved; even a marketing plan can't really be implemented without a solid business plan. I'm also bringing in my new workbook from ASBA, goals I hope to accomplish over the next four months, pencil and paper, and an open mind. I'll point out here I'm going to have weekly homework as a point of accountability for what I want to achieve. I'm told I'll be working harder than I have before, so I hope I'm up to the task.

I looking forward to learning quite a bit from my first session with Pat! I'll chime in next Tuesday after my session - stay tuned.

Cheers,
Lisa

No comments: